A blog is a branch of a website that's responsible for publishing blog posts or content related to the offers, services or purpose of the website.
A blog is not necessarily a branch as it can be created on it's own.
What makes a blog standout of other blogs and website is consistency in content production.
A blog is a good way to advertise your website and draw visitors to your website.
A website without a blog is less likely to get more sales and visitors.
Many people often confuse a blog and a website.
Let's simply put: A website is an engine and the blog is the fuel. Without the fuel, the engine can still exist but can't work.
Without the engine the fuel is still very important and needed.
Millions of people have freely defined a blog as it fits them.
A blog can't be defined because it varies from platforms with more advanced features to platforms with less important and uncool features.
But I guess you want a definition from me.
So, here it is: a blog is a web-based application that enables you to create lots of pages and pass a message.
This web-based app can make you real money for a lifetime, and can also frustrate you, especially when you've invested a lot into it.
A blog can acts as anything, even as a website, but a blog is mainly a content archive.
And can be designed in whatever way you want it.
There are various free platforms like Blogger and WordPress.com that allows for instant blog setup.
While others are paid like WordPress.organized and Typepad.
If you're thinking of the best platform, there isn't. There isn't a clear difference between a blog and a website.
A blog can either be built inside a website as |www.example.com/blog| or entirely on it's own like this one you're reading.
Don't focus on building a great blog, focus instead on producing great content first.
5 elements of a perfect blog
- Fresh content – If you have a blog that isn't frequently updated weekly, daily or mothly, then your blog won't easily break through to success. Your blog should be updated regularly so that it can attract the right kind of visitors. Fresh content should be something your visitors want, not just anything.
- Specific niche – A blog must be specific in niche. A niche is a specific market or category. Your blog should be specific in the type of content it produces. Blogs that are miscellaneous in niche are usually not really important blogs and are less relevant, even if they tend to have over 8,000 blog posts.
- Comment section – Comment section of a blog actually adds life to the blog and increases the user engagement to that blog. If you're running a blog, a must-have element is the comment section for your visitors to express their thoughts and ask questions if any.
- Email subscription – If you're looking for a way to get consistent traffic to your website, especially when you publish a new post, then email subscription will do just that. Having an email subscription at the end or top of a webpage qualifies it as a blog and will enable you call upon a ton raving fans and visitors who will help you get your content out of the box when you publish something new.
This usually isn't as easy as it sounds, building a successful list if email subscribers.
- Social shares button – Social share button on your blog qualifies it as a more usable blog to your audience. People live to share things, especially when they find it hilarious. This will help you get your content out of the box by attracting more social media traffic, and increase relevancy in the eyes of the search engines.
5 reasons you should start a blog now
- Generate sales – A website won't attract traffic if it has no part that is consistently updated with useful information (a blog).
A blog is needed to get visitors because the more visitors you get, the more sales you'll make.
- Opportunities – A blog creates opportunities for you to showcase your products to a larger chunk of people.
- More exposure – You have better chances of getting more business exposure when you have a blog.
- Connection – People you write for won't just come and go, in most cases, they become more committed to your blog and updates, which will make it easy for your business to succeed.
- More revenue – There are many ways to make money from your blog, apart from making direct sales, you can monetize your blog traffic and earn as you blog.
- A blog way so different from a website.
- An easy layout and social share buttons on your blog will increase blog usability with ease.
- Having an email subscription at the end of every blog post will increase your chance of getting frequent visits to your blog.
- A blog is a great way to share your ideas and knowledge.
- With a blog, you can sure increase your sales, conversion rate and traffic (which means more revenue for you).
Before ten years ago, the usefulness of a blog wasn't quite seen, and blogs didn't matter much.
Now, blogs are the new business cards. You probably wouldn't be reading this if blogs didn't exist, I mean, you're still reading, right?.
In what other ways can you identify and define a blog?